Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Targeting New and Maintaining Old Connections.

It hasn't been as easy to engage my audience and drive them to where I want them to go. However, setting up a couple profiles within the social media has helped a great deal being that not many people knew who I was until I until set up these profiles.

I am and continue to engage my audience through Linked In for the most part. Linked In is where I have been hanging out online recently, connecting to some of my colleagues, classmates and their connections.

My approach to connecting has been working out so far. I look up the people I know that I think may have a profile within the same field and send them an invite.

For those I do not know, in order to connect I personalize the invite with a message like this, “I think we may have something in common…”

My target audience has been those within the same field, but I am thinking of connecting to others in different fields and get to know more about what else I can be part of.

My secondary source where I connect to my audience is through Twitter. Here I find out what is going on and discuss related topics with people who share similar as well as different interests.

So far I have connected to a few of my colleagues and a couple which I don’t normally talk to, that’s a plus. Currently, I am following more people on twitter, than I have following me.

Other than my colleagues I have been following CNN news, Z100 the radio station and the US Weekly for gossip. I have to admit I’ve had some strange people follow me and I honestly did not agree with what they represented so I managed to block them and remove them off my profile.

Through these channels I have been able to promote my brand, and continuously reach out my audience. So far it has been working out better than I expected and now more and more people are getting to know who I am.

The success hasn't stopped here though. In order to continue to promote myself even more I have added links to my blogs to drive my audience to read more about me and sent out invites to my connections, connections.

Below I have listed some of my blog links for those who would like to see some of my work through our Class blog.

· Forklift Expert + Kean Student = Future Marketer

· Social Media Plus Employees Equals Success!

· My Goal!

I have a good feeling about the audience I have attracted so far and the more that I will generate by just being who I am. By being creative, showing a different style of what people are used to seeing, I feel I will attract more people to want to find out more about me.

abocca0127@yahoo.com


1 comment:

  1. Ariane,
    Thank you for the posting. I want more specifics ... what blogs (and link to them). How have you connected to your target audience? How many twitter followers do you have and who are you following?

    I am skeptical about this posting ... --Perri

    ReplyDelete