Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Let Me Engage You!

My target audience would be employers, or employees in a business office that works with marketing, public relations or advertising.

One way I would engage my target audience would be Facebook. Try to find business on the website to 'Like' which will allow me to follow the business. That way perhaps I can respond to some posts and get in contact with some people that work for them.

Another way to engage target audience is LinkedIn. This will allow me to connect with ideal people to get me into the career industry I want. By simply 'Linking' with them will allow me to see their networks and see who or where I can direct my personal brand to.

Another engaging tactic I will pursue is to get myself out there. I personally know a few people in the marketing industry who attend Networking Events. Events in which all people to come to a common location and simply network themselves.

While at the event I can promote my personal brand and see if I can meet and contacts to further my career with their business.

I found a website NJSocialMedia.com which highlights people, business, and non-profit in New Jersey who use social media as a tool. It also highlights some events that anyone can attend and sign up for. This can be the opportunity any needs to get your name in peoples minds. 


Kayla

2 comments:

  1. Kayla! Kayla! Kayla!
    You can anticipate my comments ... too broad. How would you use Facebook (what would you do)? HOw would you use LinkedIn (what groups would you join, would you update your status, would you participate in dialogue)? How would you start the discussion? What would you say? Did you try it? Examples?

    Please get more specific.
    Perri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Professor to answer your requests...

    In Facebook I said I would 'Like' companies I found interesting, and perhaps want to work for. I haven't done so yet, between my current job, school work and other things I am invovled in I haven't had the time to really buckle down and think about what companies I would be interested in.

    I don't want to breeze through something like that, for it is my future.

    However, when I do find those companies I am truly interested in I would follow them daily, see if anyone posts about upcoming jobs, or events or even topics I can participate in. This way I can try to get involved so people can notice me.

    It's all very difficult to get very specific with something hypothetical. I'm not in the situation, I don't know what I would say or how I would react to things.

    However, if I had the opportunity to speak to someone from a company I admire I would start it by asking if they, as already with in the career industry I am interested in, had any advice for someone just starting out. If this doesn't get me where I want to be with that converstaion and specific company it could always help me in the furture.

    As for LinkedIn, I will like to keep up with it a couple times a day. I would change my status to something much like my Facebook statuses previously. I don't want to be to foward, thats not the type of person I am, but subtle hints can work. Again specifics isn't something I can put myself in for not being in the situation.

    My cousin is in this field of Marketing, so I can always try to 'linkIn' with sources she may have, this can also help with perhaps a little recommendation. She can always help me with what groups to be involved in and what statuses really engage potential employers.

    ReplyDelete