Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Hello Target. Nice to Meet You.


I know who my target audience is. Now it is time to catch their attention. How? By engaging myself with them.

LinkedIn and Twitter will definitely be a help to get my name out there, it’s going to help me make connections at a greater extend, but I need to do more than just following the “right” people. I need to be involved.

Thanks to my target search words, I have found groups like Buy and Sell freely, ByTrade.com, International Commerce Club of New Jersey, and Retail Global Sourcing and Buying.

I haven’t had the chance to introduce myself in them, but I will make sure that I keep myself updated with their discussions and participate as much as possible. Hopefully, gaining a few connections.

I have also started reading entrepreneur.com, where so far I have engaged myself by commenting on articles that are relevant to what I’m studying and can learn from. When posting comments, it gives you option to either post as a guest, from my twitter (which I’ve been doing), or facebook account.

By doing this, Im positive that people will read/see my comments and will probably gain a few followers because there’s always people that are interested in learning about you. This will lead me to other connections, and expanding myself on getting to my target audience.

I have also thought about making business cards for myself as soon as I graduate. On it, I will make sure to have my email address, my linkedin, facebook and maybe even twitter links.

I plan on having them at work with the rest of business cards people leave and hanging them out to everybody I know and those who I meet on a daily basis.

I know not everybody will look me up but maybe out of 10 people, at least 5 will connect with me in one of the sites.

This is not a “from one day to another” progress. It takes time, but time will get me more connections and connections will help me succeed.


Millie A


No comments:

Post a Comment