Total Pageviews

Friday, December 9, 2011

A story about thanksgiving, twitter addictions, and personal brands...

So this Thanksgiving I went to my aunt's house where I met up with hella family members and chowed down on some good food.

We didn't have the natural, sit around the table dinner. It was more of a "food-is-at-the-table, come-and-go-as-you-please" type of dinner.

So I spent most of the time chilling in the living room watching football with my cousins.

At one point during the night, my cousin asked if she could use my phone to support her scary twitter addiction after her battery was on it's last leg. I wasn't willing to let her drain my battery like she did hers, so I used this opportunity to bring up personal brands.

I told her about the J.I.D. brand, based on Judgement, Insight, and Determination. I told her about the my focus on marketing quality products to the people. I told her about my involvement in the entertainment industry. I told her about my desire to motivate and inspire those around me and those who believe in J.I.D. I told her about how far I'm trying to go in this life.

I told her.

She said "that's nice..but c'mon let me use your phone."

I asked her if she has a brand and she said it's her twitter lol.

But as the conversation continued, I discovered that while she doesn't have her own defined personal brand, she does understand the concept. She also knows that employers are checking on prospective employees using social media tools, which is one of the reasons she doesn't have a facebook and keeps her real personal information off of the twitter.

She just got a job in the legal department of some company, so I figure things are working out for her.

And now my younger cousin, her baby brother is building his brand in which he wants to undergo a short stint in the NFL, then branch out to acting and modeling. It's not even that farfetched. More power to 'em.


Oh yeh...and my cousin never got my phone.

J.I.D.

-Majid

mtejanjalloh1@hotmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Nice Majid!
    You are a great story teller.

    Style though - your spacing. Your capital letters, etc.

    Here's what I want you to do ... create a twitter account with the user name J.I.D - and begin tweeting in ways that support your personal brand ... and follow your target audience.

    Let me know what happens.

    Perri

    ReplyDelete