Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cardboard Love in a Digital World



"I love you more than the world cup."


When I clicked on the blog Cardboardlove, this is the first post that came up. It's a project dedicated to making someone smile.


The founder writes little love sayings on tiny pieces of cardboard and posts them. He never intended for them to have a big impact, but they have. It was a chance for him to focus on the positive things in life, like his girlfriend, who inspires these sayings.


I enjoy reading them once in a while, only because I've gotten one of my own. A year ago, I left my class to find "I love you, have a good day. You're beautiful- stay classy," on my car.


I knew exactly who left it, but that wasn't the point. The point was that it made me smile.


"You are stunning," "anywhere I am, I wish you were there," "you have the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen," and "there are certain songs that make me uncontrollably think of you" are just a few of the posts.


I think this website is the start of something empowering, but there are a few things the author could do to improve it:


1. Seeing as how I'm not the only one that follows this site, there should be a place for followers to add their two cents on each piece of cardboard they wish.

2. Ordinary people should be able to send in their thoughts on love on their own pieces of cardboard.

3. The author should include more about why he started this and how it's affected people so far.


It's amazing how a simple piece of cardboard can turn someone's bad day into something much better.

7 comments:

  1. This blog is such a cute idea. I going to start reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I love it. I just wish it was updated more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be OBSESSED with this site, it was my homepage for a while, but then they just gave up on updating it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie,
    Your is progress is showing. This was a well-done blog post - personal and with a point of view. I like it.

    Give some thought to how businesses might use or apply this idea (e.g., employee or customer recognition).

    Be prepared to chat about this site in class.

    Thanks - well done.
    Perri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! It looks like it hasn't been updated since July 2010 but I always loved this site!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found one of these little messages on my car the other night. I remembered you writing about it and your so right because it made me feel GREAT inside!

    ReplyDelete