Total Pageviews

Monday, November 14, 2011

Connecting to the Next Step

Every Sunday, is "Football Sunday" at my brother's house. The guys sit around watch the games all day and drink beer, while all the girls are in the kitchen inventing things to make, and of course we use the guys as our little guinea pigs.

Now I'm not looking to be a chef or a baker, but just to simply advertise for what I have passion for. Even though I'm a junior in college, I feel like I still have time to figure out my plan, but in reality I don't.

The marketing field is a competitive field, so what I need to do is start looking for connections to help me have a foot in, for when I am ready to begin my career.

My Target Audience:
My target audience would be marketing agencies, advertising agencies, restaurant/baking groups, marketing executives, etc.

List of Search Words:
Advertising
Restaurants
Bakeries
Marketing
Advertising Agencies

Where They are Hanging Out:
When I typed in these search words into the search engines, many of the place I found them to be "Hanging out" online were :
Facebook
Yelp
LinkedIn
4A's Inkblot

How my Target Audience can Find Me:
The way to get yourself out there and known, is not by just going out to find your target audience, but also find a way to make it easy for them to find you. Words to describe my personal brand so they can find me through social media tools would be:

Foodie
Student
Intern
Marketing
Advertiser
Optometrist Tech (currently at the moment)


Combining these words with the list of words describing my target audience, makes it easier for future employers (my target audience) to find me quicker. It doesn't even have to be future employers but people who share the same interests as me, which is always a plus because it can expand my connections, leading to employment opportunities.

Strategies In Engaging:
Since I want to work in the Marketing/Advertising Field, best way to get in the field is through connections! As I mentioned before my cousin works for BakeMark USA, My first connection right there!

Me and him are friends on LinkedIn, I could start connecting with some of the groups that he's LinkedIn with, especially since the field he is in deals with food!

I can also start to follow other groups on Facebook, Yelp, 4A's Inkblot, etc, and begin to get a feel of where and how I can better promote my brand!

Jennifer Campos

camposj1@kean.edu

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer,
    This is a very well written post! HOWEVER, you forgot 1/2 the exercise.

    What are the search words for your personal brand? You listed the search words for your target, but not for you (as the product).

    Go back, list them out ... and determine what happens when you search a combination of your personal social media terms with your targets.

    I will hold off grading you for 2 days. Please drop me a note when you have revised.

    Thanks,
    Perri

    ReplyDelete