Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Making the Connection

I know who I want to target, so why is it so hard for my audience to find me?

Since the marketing field is so competitive, I need to set myself apart from everyone else. I want to incorporate sports, specifically football or tennis, into my advertising career.

Target Audience:
My target is marketing and advertising agencies, sports agencies, and other potential employers.

Finding My Audience:
Marketing
Advertising
Sports
Football
Tennis

How My Audience Can Find Me:
Advertising
Full-time student
Blogging
Marketing major
When future employers combine these search words, it will make finding me easier.

Where They Hang Out:
Facebook
LinkedIn
Twitter
Foursquare

Strategies:
One of the most important things I can do to put myself out there is to start connecting with marketing and advertising employees via LinkedIn. Building connections is the best first step. I need to start joining more groups on Facebook relating to my career interests, and following them on Twitter.

2 comments:

  1. Took me forever to get the spacing right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh, re: spacing!
    This is well written and I am happy with your posting.

    However ... you need to actually trying searching the words that you describe and a combination of the words that describe you and the words that describe your target audience.

    That is what is supposed to net you with the results of "where your audience hangs out."

    The LinkedIn, FB, etc. is unscientific (if social media can be scientific).

    I want to know where in LinkedIn, what niche sites they are hanging out, etc.

    And remember the homework for this week ... it's to actually try it. I know you weren't in class. Please make sure to get the PP deck and assignments. I don't want you to fall behind.

    Thx,
    Perri

    ReplyDelete