Total Pageviews

Friday, November 4, 2011

But What's My Brand Blog

Here is where I attempt to show my own personal growth as we learn how to use different Social Media tools.  If you do happen to take a peak at the blog that I am about to share with you, please be kind in your judgements.

Because when we first began this class, I thought about how cool it would be to create a blog and use it as a sort of  personal journal.  As the weeks progressed, I began to realize that it would better serve me in my professional life and my attempt to "brand" myself and my own unique set of business perspectives and skills.

Blogging is another great way to further our personal brand.  Since my personal brand is that of a savvy business professional, I have found that blogging is a bit difficult even though I love to write. 

 First, to have a sucessful personal blog you must make the time and be diligent in your postings.    

I failed at this right from the start!  I decided to blog once a week but too soon I had given up on being able to write weekly. Thiis is great article about being diligent in postings http://weblogs.about.com/od/startingablog/tp/SuccessfulBlogRequirements.htm

Second, I think you have to have a clear and concise blogging theme.

I began blogging as I would writing in a journal with no real purpose or interesting topics.  I have begun to rethink my postings as it relates to my own personal business expertise and I will begin to post more about business skills.

Besides finding the time to post and being creative and interesting in my posting, I also am having difficulty in being able to post about business acumen without speaking specifically about the company I work for.  I also do not want to cross any line where I inadvertently give out any trade secrets.

Anyway,  I have provided the link to my blog.  The first four posts are...well...crap but the last post is more akin to how I am going to use this as an additional tool to promote by personal brand.
http://kdavisproduce.blogspot.com/

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment