Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Using the Influence of Twitter and Facebook

As a Social Media tool to help showcase my personal brand and to help with our campaign, I tried to get some perspective from others by tweeting and posting to my facebook account.

Now while my pursuit did not pan out as I thought it would, this exercise has shown me that my facebook page is too personal a page to get any actual usable information and that I should create a new page that is more professional in nature. 

Below are two examples of why I say that my FB page is too personal.  The first post received no
response at all and the second post only received one rather silly response.

First FB post was:
Trying to come up with a marketing campaign for the launch of a cool revolutionary tool used by mechanics and pit crew guys. For any of my FB friends and family that are mechanics, what online sites do you frequent?

Second FB post:
Kelly Peoples Davis K, taking a course on social media marketing and how to brand myself. Have been using Twitter and LinkedIn to showcase my expertise as a Produce Buyer for a large chain of grocery stores with lots of retail experience. What is your personal brand?
Now although my Twitter posts did not get any response at all, it did show up on my facebook page since the two are linked and that is a definite positive.

First Tweet: one tip on blogging is posts cant b paragraphs-keep to 2 sentences 4 bettr readability. see how my class is doing http://t.co/aBnG5QdN
Second Tweet: my class is learning bout social media marketing and blogging - check out how we progressed so far http://t.co/aBnG5QdN
It makes sense to me that engaging others via Facebook and Twitter has great potential and although I was unable to get any legitimate hits on either sites, I am sure that a few people did check out our class blog.

The power of social media is fascinating!

    1 comment:

    1. Kelly,

      Thank you for your post. Very interesting experiment. A few thoughts on your post:

      1. Did you consider that there might be better places than FB to solicit the advice you were looking for? What are your thoughts there? Versus developing a FB page for professional use? I'd enjoy your perspective.

      2. You are crushing me with your grammar, spacing, capital letters and punctuation on this post. I'd love to give you an A for your analysis ... and will give you until tomorrow night (Monday) to revise.

      3. Don't forget to capitalize the first letter in each word of your headline. A better headline could have been "Under the Influence of Facebook and Twitter."

      4. Also, consider hyperlinks as a way to make your post more searchable.

      Thanks,
      Perri

      ReplyDelete