Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 13, 2011

My Goal!

In determining my brand and promoting myself in the business/ marketing world. I have narrowed down ways to achieving this goal.

Demographic/Target Audience

I am aiming my proposition at businesses located in New Jersey. I continue to do this by using my LinkedIn profile to connect to people within the industry of my choice as well as other powerful people who can influence me on my path to a successful future.

Where They “Hang Out” Online

The great part about engaging in the social media is that one can find almost everyone or anything that one is searching for. In this case I can easily reach out to my audience through Facebook, Linked In and Foursquare.

Through these social media site’s I found out what restaurants my audience like to eat at, where they enjoy activities and where they go on their leisure.

Strategies to Connecting With My Audience

It’s much easier to connect to people through people I know. Unfortunately, not everyone knows each other so when it comes to people I don’t know I reach out to them with a customized invite, describing similar interests and defining common ground.

Finding My Audience

Below I have listed some examples of the different choice words I selected and what social media’s they linked me to in order to connect to some of my audience. Although these words seem simple and direct, there was a greater depth that went into this search.

  • Marketing agencies
  • Machinery
  • Industrial Automation
  • Small Business Owners
  • Material Handling

How My Audience Finds Me

I have also created a list of search words that will allow my audience to find me within the social media. These words will help them slightly narrow down their search when it comes to reaching out to me.

  • Business
  • Business Management
  • Representative
  • Student
  • Marketing
  • Machinery
  • Blogger

Each of my audience has a personal social media which they update regularly and provide personal information as to where they like to hang out or where they are located.

Whether it’s through LinkedIn, Facebook or Foursquare it is now much easier to reach out to any particular audience. None the less, find out what influences them and a good example of that would be where they check in at Foursquare.

abocca0127@yahoo.com

2 comments:

  1. Ariane,
    We seem to be on the same "online" schedule! This is very well written and thoughtful.

    I'd like for you to do one thing -- what are the search words you would use to describe yourself (e.g., marketing, etc.)? And how can these words be combined with the search words you listed in here to find what you want?

    Take a quick look at your grammar (e.g., your last paragraph - "weather" should be "whether."

    Nice job. This is an A piece. --Perri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice revision, Ariane! You get an A on this assignment. Well done. -Perri

    ReplyDelete