Total Pageviews

Monday, November 21, 2011

Searching For Influencers

Identifying my target audience was one thing, but finding where they hang out was a trip. 
First step in cracking this viral mystery is identifying search words that defined my brand.

Search words that define my personal brand: 
  • Trendy
  • Urban
  • Music
  • Culture
 Key search words that describe my target audience:

  • Tastemakers 
  • Hip Hop 
  • Cultural icons
  • Pop-Culture
  • Trendsetters 
  • Influencers 
  • Hipsters 

 When using search words like “hip hop,” “urban,” and “music” it directed me to several popular blogs (hiphopdx) of some of the cultures well respected writers (daveyd). I viewed discussion boards by followers of these blogs.
When I combined my personal brand search word (urban-music) with my target audience (cultural icon) search word. 
Google was able to direct me to the twitter hashtags and facebook groups of people who are engaged in the culture.
I also viewed hip hop blogs that celebrate some of the heavy hitters in the music industry including their LinkedIn page. 
Walford Guillaume

1 comment:

  1. Walford, nicely done. Thank you. Style though - font size, etc. You are making me sad! This is like being one number off on a math test.

    perri

    ReplyDelete