Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Who Cares?

Who’s listening?

MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, Second Life, YouTube, etc. These websites have sky rocketed to the top of the most visited website list in a very short period of time. 

Continuing to increase in popularity one of its advantage of social networks is to target an audience to promote, share and distribute information.

Clicking through some social media wed sites I realize my audience is everywhere. From young, high school graduates to successful professionals. Everybody wants to be heard, and feel appreciated.

But social networks are not for everybody, and must be handled with care. In the mist of sharing your personal life, you are also exposing your professional life too.

Social media enables you to have friends that are not dictated by geography or circumstances. And to me, the ability to find people with whom you have a affinity, regardless of where they live is an extraordinary opportunity.

Connect, share, and transmit happiness, commitment, courage, and affirmative values. Transmit the message that in life any hard work is important, and incredibly worth it. 

Here are some of my search words that helped me define where my target audience is hanging out:

Caring students
Students under stress/under pressure
Senior college students
Full-time employee students
Caring teachers/professors/professionals
Students helping students
Students/teachers making the difference
People that care

Blogs:

All of these blogs are connected with Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin. You have to go where they go and engage where they hang out. 

My target audience is essential to me, because I want to make a difference. I need to get involve by joining their blogs, twittering, and posting message showing my support, and most important that I CARE.

2 comments:

  1. Tais,
    This is great - however, you forgot the list of search words that describe your personal brand ...

    The project had you listing those out (as well as that of your target) ... and see what happens when you search your terms ... and / or combine them with your target audience.

    Finish the assignment in 2 days from now (By Friday) and I will grade you then.

    Thx.
    Perri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to find words that made it easier to connect with my target audience. Tell me what you think. Thank You professor. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete