Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Building My Personal Brand

I am a Senior at Kean University majoring in Communications and Media Studies minoring in Marketing.

I attended Arts High School, the first performing arts school in the country, where I studied theater and was also introduced to Event Planning, Public Relations and Advertising.

Planning my first event in high school consisted of a lot of word of mouth promotion, creating street teams of well-known figures in the community to help spread the word and guerrilla marketing.

After interning with some great companies such at MTV Networks, WBGO and Chris Leeann Boutique I realized that I wanted to start my own event planning company and potentially be apart of an organization that gives back to the community that offered me a lot of opportunities.

In April 2011 I started The New School Consulting and Events where I cater to unique clients looking for ways to plan events with a new school style and professional approach.

In July 2011 I was asked to sit on the board for a performing arts non-profit, Live It, Breathe It, that represents a slew of young artist and through targeted events we give them platforms to network with potential clients and expose them to a mass diverse audience.

In order to achieve these great things that I have planned for myself I need a way to connect, expand and market my personal brand locally and on an international level.

I can achieve these 3 objectives (connect, expand and market my brand locally and internationally) through social media.

LinkedIn is a professional site where I will be able to network and connect with influential people and potential clients. Through LinkedIn I will be able to promote myself and network with aficionados in the Public Relations and Event Planning fields that will be able to connect to others in the same field who may either need my services or introduce me to new ideas.

Twitter is a great tool for me to use in promoting my brand because through using keywords in my tweets and hash tags people from around the world can locate me and connect with me. If I am planning an event or trying to introduce a new brand into the market twitter allows me to release information to millions of people who are interested.

Facebook is a great tool for me to figure out who my target demographic is and where they are located.

My target audience is young entrepreneurs like myself looking to connect with each other, performing arts lovers, investors and potential clients and through social media I will be able to reach them.

I am a 22 year old college senior at Kean University building my brand through social media!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!

    Well written. Well done.

    My only comment - hyperlink and use this as an opportunity to show off your company and your other endeavors.

    Perri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!

    Very well done and well written. Thank you.

    My only suggestion: Hyperlinks ... to make this sing and to link to things like your company, to Kean University, to LinkedIn, etc. Thx.

    ReplyDelete