Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Indeed, Indeed!


I have a lot of professional contacts on Linked-In. All of these people are a potential prospect for a networking opportunity.

I am keeping in contact with them, I continue to let them know I am looking for a new position and I have been encouraging them to contact me with any leads.

I found that I made many friends within the industry. I traveled often with these people and we've become... well... close.

So here is what i propose. I would like to use a personal brand statement. Not a personal brand blog entry. No one wants to read how I love rock climbing or how I got interested in marketing.

I propose that I use a quick, short, statement of my objectives.

And Here it goes!

A seasoned marketing communications professional and effective leader with a proven ability to exceed in marketing. More than 7 years of combined experience in creating brand awareness through print and electronic marketing media plans, promotions, tradeshows, and public relations events.

I would like to put this brand statement in my Linked-In. Not the lengthy, wordy disaster I've been working on.

How else will I get the message out there?

Indeed.com

I am very interested in possibly relocating out of this state. Indeed gives a full coverage of jobs that are out there. There are job forums that are useful in networking.

Most of all, I am most excited that you can search one site for job listings, not 10. They offer all the job results in one place from multiple sites.

Indeed, you have my vote


 

1 comment:

  1. Rachel,

    Nice entry- thank you.

    1. Do a quick proof read - there's some grammatical problems in your first paragraph and some typos.

    2. On your brand statement, I am sad that you lost the rock climbing. That is clearly a real passion for you. Here's a suggestion:

    A strong marketing communications professional and leader with a proven ability to increase brand awareness.

    I bring my passion for the outdoors to the writing and creation of print and electronic marketing media plans and materials, promotions, tradeshows, and public relations events.

    Don't use the word "seasoned" - it's a word used by older professionals.

    Best,
    Perri

    PS: What states are you looking at? Use this as an opportunity to talk about where you want to go ...

    ReplyDelete