Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Open Forum at the Dinner Table

So it went a little like this…

Everyone was talking at the same time. My brothers, my sister, my mother and a few friends of the family all had something to say.

I was pretty nervous about the whole thing. I took a deep breath and asked everyone to feel free to give me their thought about how I was promoting my Personal Brand.

The first reaction I got were confused faces no one really knew what I was talking about. I just threw the topic into discussion while everyone was distracted just to get their attention and hey, it worked!

After I had everyone’s attention I began describing “My Personal Brand” and how I felt it should be portrayed. Nervous and all I managed to clearly let them know what I had posted for our class blog.

Soon enough everyone decided to comment. Some of them were quite the jokesters about it, but in the end I received very positive feedback.

For the most part, my mother and my sister are very supportive and they were very proud of the fact that I stated, “I go above and beyond to help others”.

One of my brothers insisted I should touch more on the subject about me being “bossy” since I push to constantly get things done. My interpretation of his “bossy” was that I am determined and I don’t like to procrastinate.

My youngest brother’s response to my brand was, “yea ok”. He’s the joker that only admits that I am all these great things, but ONLY when were alone.

In a crowd of people he doesn’t really like to show his sweet side, but I know if I ask him again in a few years when he’s older with any crowd he will proudly advocate for me.

As for the friends we had over, because of the fact that every time they come over I am either getting home from work or leaving for school. They were happy to agree with how determined I am to do what I have to do.

Everyone’s responses were appreciated and I informed them I would mention them all on my next class blog. This is where they all wanted to know what I had to say about them.

keansocialmedia.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment