Total Pageviews

Monday, November 7, 2011

Forklift Expert + Kean Student = Future Marketer


I am currently a full-time student at Kean University and am graduating, if all goes as planned, summer 2013.

I must say that I am a northeast city girl although I don't enjoy the cold weather it comes along with the northeast. Aside from having my family in the area, I like that there is always something to do, somewhere to go and especially with the people I know.

The work and the forklift industry are interesting.

Currently, I work full time doing billing and customer service for a Forklift Dealer.

There are only three of us in the billing department and man, does it get hectic. I like the work because I am independent and there's no one monitoring my every move.

I also spend a lot of time helping my co-workers and assisting in other departments.
I am motivated and satisfied when I help others and serve as a guide.

This is because I am constantly pushing myself to learn more about my company and industry. I like the way it all works, the people the business and even the machinery I find very interesting.

Even in my free time, my mind races about how to make things even better at work.

Being at school and taking classes like MIS and Social Media has opened my mind. After graduation, summer of 2013, I look forward to a career in business -- and possibly marketing for maybe even the company I am currently employed at.

Here is My Value Proposition
For: My colleagues and managers at the Forklift company where I work; CEO's and president's of the Industrial business and marketing companies

I am: A full time student and full-time customer service/billing professional seeking a long-term career in business and marketing.

That: Enjoys digging deep into the company, industry and business I work for, and making it better through great results, customer satisfaction, helping colleagues and working independently.

Through: Hard work, dedication, critical thinking (I am always thinking about how to make things better at work and school), empathy for my colleagues (I want to make things easier for them too)

In a way: That has depth and focused while remaining balanced so that I can be with my friends/family.

My Personal Social Media Plan
I have a great personal brand that I believe would be appealing to president and vice president of my company as well as other business within the social media. This would give me the opportunity to prove myself and grow in the business/ marketing industry in order to get begin my career.

To raise awareness of my personal brand, I will use these social media channels to do so and here is why:
  • Linked In: To continue promoting my brand and getting me established in my career.
  • Twitter: To engage more in important news feeds as well as follow important global events.

Abocca0127@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment