Total Pageviews

Monday, November 28, 2011

Ad Libs For Mad Libs




I am a triple-threat of ________ (adjective), ________ (adjective) and ________ (adjective) flair. One that has ________ (verb) determination for ________ (noun) and ________ (noun) success through taking initiative and outside-of-the-box thinking in a fervent way.

Up until I was about 12yrs old, Thanksgiving dinners always had a twist of entertainment – thanks to my sister and I. We’d “perform” magic tricks that would normally end in one of us crying because someone in the family would laugh at how “cute” our tricks were.

As time went by and we grew up, my nephew became our successor. So now family get-togethers is a whirlwind of Mad Libs entertainment…which is exactly what he turned my brand into.

And what did everyone throw into Jenn Olivencia’s Mad Libs word bin?

Creative, unconventional, methodical, M&M’s, art and persevering.

Oh, and we can’t forget “mean” as per my nephew. And that’s because I refuse to get him video games for birthdays and Christmas.

As for the adjectives my family said about me, we all are in harmony with what I think about myself and what they think of me.

I’ve never asked my family what they really think of me and it was pretty interesting to hear the different verbs and adjectives they associate me with and also to receive accolades on my journey for personal and career growth.

My parents and I aren’t very close to each other, so to hear them say I was persevering and bona fide made me beam inside.

Little do they know, they are my silent inspirations, so it’s very imperative to me that I keep on suceeding.

Applying this to my personal brand won’t be complicated because it’s the attributes that I pretty much possess. I guess the only thing I can try to flexibly mold myself to is my nephews request of being a more “cool” aunt.

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful, Jenn. Congratulations! Perri

    ReplyDelete