Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Turkey and Talk

All holidays with my family can get just a little crazy, so finding the opportune time to discuss 'my personal brand' was quite difficult.

I approached my mother first while we were cooking earlier that day, which was still hectic to say the least. I discussed what a personal brand was first to get her to understand what input I needed from her. I told her that my personal brand was about how I am a very hard worker, I do things the first time they are asked of me, I work well with others as well as individually, and how I believe I can be an ideal employee to a company.

Her reaction was hesitant at first, but then came around to understanding the concept and agreed all the things I listed I am. She sees me go from work to school, to homework every night. She knows I'm a dedicated person with a lot to offer. As she and I were running around the kitchen that was the last of our conversation of it.

I next moved on to my uncle, who I actually do work with daily. He, from seeing it first hand, said I should even add more to it. He says he wishes all employees can be as attentive and responsible as I am, and not only because I'm his niece but as a colleague.

I have to admit that was the last of the talk of my personal brand at Thanksgiving, between food and drinks and more food and more drinks, it just slipped my mind.

However, I did ask my cousin to look over my LinkedIn page when she got a chance and see if she would change anything or if she has any opinions for me to jazz it up for future employers. Again this was the the food and drinks mix, so I will keep reminding her until she gets back to me.

I will take into consideration what my mother and uncle said and see if I can add to my personal brand to make it more appealing to future employers.

No comments:

Post a Comment