Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Gobble! Gobble!

As everyone had their mouths full on Thanksgiving, the table was silent. I thought it would be a great opportunity (apparently so did everyone else in the class) to talk to my family about what's been going on in my classes.

I was telling them about my personal brand and how I need to get my name out there more with the use of social media. I told them how I've created Twitter and LinkedIn accounts to do this.

My mom thought it was a great idea and thought I described myself accurately. My dad, on the other hand, thought I needed to include the fact that I'm super organized with everything I do.

I guess that can be a good or bad thing.

However, I agreed with him that maybe I do have a slight case of OCD when it comes to being organized. But who wants a messy work area? Or forgets where they put things? No company wants an unorganized, sloppy mess working for them.

I realized making my LinkedIn account was the first step, now connecting with employees from advertising and marketing agencies I could possibly work for in the future is the next step.

So continuing with the Thanksgiving spirit, I'm thankful to have a family that supports any decision I make. They know what I want to get out of life and that I'll go through great lengths to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment