Total Pageviews

Monday, November 14, 2011

Change Builds Character, No Typos!

I really though that I had this blogging game on lock, but I guest it’s alway good to get a wake up call.

The blogging game like any other sport requires practice, practice, practice.  
After reviewing my old blog entries, I realized a majority of my writing were similar to magazine editiorial pieces.

My paragraphs were three to four sentence long which is not an appropriate form for blog entries. 
I had a tough time breaking up each paragraph into smaller pieces, but I realize by doing so makes it easier for people to read my entries.

 Making that transition from paper to online writing was the biggest challenge for me.
  • The font size of my body text was not was always consistent including the font sizes of my headlines.
  • I never used bullet points, and did not realize how helpful it would be to my audience when they attempted to find the information they want.
Overall, this experience has been extremely helpful and has really enhanced my skills as a writer. The techniques I’ve learned about blogging have helped me to be more consistent when sending information. 

Walford Guillaume 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Walford!
    Nice clean up -- still typoes (including this piece). Ah!

    Perri

    ReplyDelete