Total Pageviews

Monday, November 28, 2011

Looking for My Personal Brand

-How I can find the target for my personal brand

 



Where am I going to look for these people?

First I need to define some keywords for the industry I want to target.

Electric Utilities

Clean Energy

Smart Grid

Demand Response (DR)

Energy Efficiency

Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI)

C-Level Executives

Marketing Energy Programs

Department of Energy (DOE)

Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)

National Association of Regulatory Utility Commission (NARUC)

Edison Electrical Institute (EEI)

Association of Energy Service Professionals (AESP)

These types of things can come up within Industry Publications and direct websites for some of the associations.

I would like to capture their attention by calling out to the fact that I have experience within the Industry

I would also like to call out to them by showcasing my love for rock climbing. I would like to call attention to the fact that I have a passion for the outdoors which leads to the motivation to be environmentally friendly.

It helps fuel my cause as a marketer. I want to get the word out and help fuel a desire to be environmentally conscientious.

I will do so through clean energy blogs

www.seriousenergy.com/blog/energy-efficiency

www.greenbiz.com/blog/2011/10/13/taking-look-demand-responses

green.blogs.nytimes.com/tag/demand-response


By sharing my industry knowledge within these blogs, I am positioning myself as an expert within the industry

I can also promote my knowledge to others within the industry by pointed them to the work I've been sharing on the blog sites.

I can create specific Facebook and / or Twitter messages to lead them to these sites.

For Example:

See how innovative Demand Response programs are changing the energy insusty for good by following (link to blog site).

Or

See how you can help utilities manage peak demand by following this link

I want to engage the audience and let them see my knowledge of the industry.

By using these sites and keywords, I can create a network of people interested in following the subject within these blogs. At the same time, I am drumming up my own network for my personal brand.

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment