Total Pageviews

Monday, October 17, 2011

Guide to the Future



After I wrote my personal brand I really thought about what I want to do with social media. In the first class I mentioned I want to start my own blog after this class and I still have that goal.




In my blog I want to be able to reach out to people that have the same interests as me and can really understand where I'm coming from. I have alot of different interests, ideas, and opinions so I think I can reach all kinds of people.




Professionally i'm on the fence with letting people know that I will have this blog. I certainly don't want to offend co-workers or employers with the crazy things that i come up with.




As i said i could potentionally have a pretty big target audience that i can relate with. At first i know that it will be mainly friends reading my blog and hopefully some of my classmates. But i want to go bigger! I want people to constantly be talking about my blog.




I have a pretty simple plan for how i'm going to reach all these people and it's through social media. I can get my blog on twitter and facebook and since i'm just a 22 year old girl from Jersesy word of mouth will be my best bet.




My blog will touch on subjects that people all over are talking about like famous people, world issues, music, famous trials, just about everything i can think of. I would love to hear what people want to talk about and make a disscussion out of it.




Since i fear people like my employer seeing what i have to say outside work i'm going to have to be open and honest about what i'm doing. I'm going to have to change with the culture and what is currently going on. I want and need full control over my blog and my life. Hopefully my personal life and professional life will mix perfectly.




Once i start my blog i'm hoping people will start to follow it and i can gain exposure to businesses. Eventually i would love if people would ask to advertise on it so i could potentionally make a small amount of money doing something that is so much fun.




I want to be able to dedicate 2-3 nights a week on my blog and find interesting things to talk about and other days be able to interact with my followers. I don't want this blog to be a place where i can't answer people or engage in conversation.




Maybe some of you could let me know if you'd be intereted in following a blog like the one i've been explaining and let me know if my social media plan would be effective!!

1 comment:

  1. Emily,
    Before I review this, go back in and do an edit for style (based upon our class this past week).

    Send me a note and let me know when it's done and I will review.

    Thanks,
    Perri

    PS: Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete