Total Pageviews

Friday, October 7, 2011

i am millie. who are you?

Be yourself- is what my mom always tells me. But who is myself? How is the definition of myself determined?

I used to think the answer was hard but it's simple. Experience builds you. It improves you. It encourages you to better yourself.

Experience has made me M.I.L.L.I.E

M- ovitated. Motivation is important- without it, you let yourself go. You have to have the “wanting” feeling when doing things. Setting myself goals, and going after them is what I am all about.

I-ndependent. Having a mind of your own is necessary to be successful. Depending on people, makes you a follower. A leader is what you want to be. I personally don’t like to depend on people when it comes to making decisions, or supporting myself.

L-ikeable. Trying to please everyone by either telling them what they want to hear or being there when they want you to is not going to make people like you. Trying to be a good friend, a reliable co-worker, a helpful daughter will.

L-oyal. Loyalty starts within yourself. if you can’t show that you’re trustworthy, no one will trust you. Lack of commitment shows that I’m not ready. Makes me look immature.

I-mprovement. No one is perfect, and admitting that you have flaws helps you improve them. Taking your friends, employers, or family’s opinions into consideration makes you realize how they perceive you, and what you can do to change that perception- if negative.

E- fficient. It is important to be well-organized. If you are not able to get yourself organized, manage your time, or set your priorities straight then you will be a mess and won’t be able to get yourself together.

Experience has teach me to be efficient. To improve myself. To show loyalty to my friends and employer. To be liked by not forgetting about myself. To depend on myself first, rather than others. And to not let anyone or anything drive me away from my path.


No comments:

Post a Comment