Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Give your Skills a bit of Recognition!

Not everyone knows who they are, and since that means they probably have no idea what you do and how good you do it, it’s vital for you to give your skills a bit or recognition.

Hope I get it right this time! My first time wasn’t as successful as I thought it would be, but now as I took my time to evaluate its much clear.

My name is Tais, I am half Brazilian and half Italian.

I was born here in the United State, but when I was 5 years old my whole family and I moved back to Brazil to open a Bakery business, where I was raised until I was 11 years old.

Just when things were getting better, and I was making friends, and figuring out how to speak Portuguese. We move back to the States.

For a better education, and the long time waited American dream we moved back to New Jersey.

I had to learn how to adapt to different cultures and languages in a very fast and small period of time. There was a point in my life where I felt confused and insecure especially when I had to speak in public.

I barely knew English, and the one language I should feel most comfortable speaking was taking me longer to learn than expected; Portuguese!

I am a perfectionist and I like to do things to its full potent ability. I guess its no secret where I got it from. Being so young and trying to do the most simple thing a child can do. Talk!

Today I feel I should empower individuals to chase their dreams even though it seems unreachable. I want to share the feeling of “Yes, I did it!”

I am a Trilingual College student who is about to graduate from Kean University with a Bachelors degree in Business Management!

I will not let culture barriers get in my way, or discourage me in any way. If I don’t understand what you are saying I do my best until I do!

I am a Financial Assistant that loves what I do!

Between my full-time job, I still find my balance managing to get through 18 credits in a semester to graduate on time, while still getting the most out of it.

I am very persistent! I wont say I haven’t giving up on anything in my life, I would be lying!

But what I will say is that I will always try my hardest.

Before I look back and feel the worse feeling in the whole world, regret for not trying at all!

If it wasn’t for my persistence to learn. Most likely I would not be doing what I love.

I happily work for ACS a Xerox Company at Ezpass a sector of the government that requires me to speak Spanish, Portuguese, and English all day.

Communicating with customers is part of my pay check.

Even today, not doubting my capabilities, but if it wasn’t for my late night of studying and trying my best to learn a new language. Most likely I would not be doing what I love to do!

It is very simple! Be persistent, smile EVERYDAY!

Just because you didn’t get it the first time, does not mean you were not good enough.

It just simply means "IT" was not good enough for you!

I cant help not to mention a huge motivation in my life, God! I know this is no religious class, but I would be selfish not to mention part of who I am.

I have worked for huge corporations and from a very young age I have presence my family’s bakery business.

What CEO's wants is not who you claim to be. Yet, who you really are!

Integrity; is what successful companies are looking for in an individual.

At the end of the day, honesty always makes you look professional!

My target audiences are young college students who are going through a tough time trying to manage their school as a priority, and at the same time at their work doing what they love.

You have to love what you do. It is the passion that pushes you forward! With no doubt in my mind this is how I got my recent promotion at work.

Focus on yourself, work really hard with a passion and you will go anywhere you want to!

I use Facebook as one of my social media tools to promote my idea.

Everyday I encourage myself to post a positive message to remind my friends that even though life is not easy, but then it doesn’t really have to be easy to be great!

I also have Linkedin page for my professional life that reflects who I am.

Offering extended help to anyone who is in the same situation I am, and would also like to share their experience.

Tais Rios

No comments:

Post a Comment