Total Pageviews

Monday, October 3, 2011

Kelly for President

My first attempt at creating a profile for the social network LinkedIn was a crash course in personal branding.  I had a hard time coming up with specifics on what I thought my professional attributes are (especially since there are so many - - kidding!) 

My personal brand would be a "Highly motivated and creative business professional".  As I said before, this personal brand was a bit difficult for me to come up with but following the steps necessary to promote my brand was even more daunting.  Thanks to this class, though, I have been able to take the first steps in communicating my personal brand.

My first step in communicating my personal brand of being a business professional is to tell what I stand for.  I would make it clear that I believe in giving quality service and having a reliable, un-matched dedication to excellence.  That dedication to excellence is how I stand out from the pack.  Without overpromoting myself, I will try to convey my extensive years of excelled service and my unequaled ability to be creative and think outside of the box.  I think the hardest part of selling yourself and your personal brand is trying to impress without overdoing it.

The next step would be to make sure that I make genuine business connections and ensure that all information I share comes across as reliable and trustworthy. 

I would even go a step further and make sure I use as many social network platforms as I could to promote my personal brand.  Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and LinkedIn will all be used to communicate my own "professional" personal brand.  On tip I learned in reading the class literature and handouts is to add my LinkedIn URL to my email signature. 

As we learn more in this class, I hope to build on these steps.....maybe I'll start thinking about creating my own logo, Hmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment