Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Jessica Scala- A Personal Brand


My Objectives

Being that I am in my last year of college I have started to compose a mental list of things I would like to accomplish.

Along with those things it is important to me to uphold what I consider to be my "personal brand" throughout anything that I do.

As far as my objectives for my future career, I plan on applying for internships for the spring semester, with hopes to obtain experience in my field.

As of right now I am currently looking to go down a different career path then I had been playing for myself.

After being extremely into baseball and taking a sports marketing class this semester, I am now thinking about interning and trying to get an accounting job with a major league sports team.

My dream would be to work with the New York Yankees.

I feel like this is a career path that will not only give me the oppurunity to be work as an accoutant, but to love what I do by incorporating accounting with the sports world.

I also have not completely ruled out my original career plan, and still have hopes to then go back to school an obtain a certificate in forensic accounting some time in the future.

My Audience

My target audiences would have to be my professors for the time being, especially because I would like to make a good impression on my professors with hopes to get good reconmandaion letters for future jobs.

When I start my internship my target audience would be my boss, major league sports teams, co-workers, and peers. I would want to make as many contacts as possible to help me further my career in the future.

Regardless of who my audience is the qualities that create my personal brand and who I am, will always be the same.

My Message

The fact that I am honest, hard working, responsible, and trustworthy will be qualities I will make sure to uphold throughout anything I do.

I am someone who puts everything into what I do to accomplish the task at hand and will make sure that people, whether they are my bosses, co-workers, or peers know that when they give me something to do it will not just get done, but will be done timely,efficiently, and will be done above and beyond.

And now that I am looking toward a different career path, I would love to incorporate my knowledge of sports with in my personal brand and career.

My Channels/Strategy

Some of the channels I feel that will work best for me to get my personal brand started and out there would be Linked In and Career Builder.

Before this course I was not familiar with Linked In, but after playing with the site, I feel like I am greatly going to benefit from using it and it will help me get my name out there.

Also, I have been thinking that making myself familiar with sports teams blog may help me in the future.

4 comments:

  1. Jessie,
    Specifics specifics specifics.
    Get more specific.
    Also watch the style - take out the lines separating your sections.
    And remember, you need a photo in order to follow our new blogging style guide.
    Thx.
    Perri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed your suggestions and hopefully have improved my blog entry for the better. Although I seem to have a problem every time I try to use color in my posts and when editing this post I was having a problem changing the font and having it stay, it never shows up? Is there something I am doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessie! Format format format!
    Please go back and fix your font sizes and the number of sentences in each paragraph!.

    Perri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made the adjustments I hope it improved the blog entry.

    ReplyDelete