Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Closer Look

I currently do billing/service at a Forklift Dealer. It is pretty interesting actually.

There's only three of us in the billing department and man does it get hectic. I like it mainly because I don't have anyone standing over me monitoring my every move.

I feel as if I am in control, especially because I spend a lot of time helping my co-workers and assisting in other departments. I'm constantly pushing myself to learn more about my company and this is probably one of the reasons I have different people coming up to me for help.

Being empowered provides a sense of fulfillment and security. When it comes to work I am very knowledgeable of what needs to get done, how it should get done and by when.

I feel satisfied knowing that I am able to help others and being able to serve as a guide as well. Things I am not too sure of I use my better judgment and look at it as a challenge which is a good reason of where that feeling of empowerment comes from.

Being at school has opened up my mind up a lot more to the Marketing aspect other than just business. After graduation I am looking forward to having a career in the business or now possibly in marketing.

I want to put myself out there for others to see what I am about and get noticed in the business world. I am always willing to take on new challenges and help others.

Even on my free time I am thinking about how to get things done better at work. I have to say though I do enjoy spending time with my friends, family and the one that holds a special place in my heart.

I must say a am a city girl, although I don't enjoy the cold weather it comes with. After graduation I am thinking about sticking around because this is where home is and most importantly my family.

Now, as far as what I want to represent in the social media, that would be leadership qualities. In being able to accomplish the tasks given and more I feel I deserve the recognition.


1 comment:

  1. Ariane,

    Thank you for your post. In honing in on your brand, I'd like you to get more specific.

    It is clear that you want to be empowered (perhaps a friendlier way of saying that you want to be the boss). How does being empowered make you feel?

    What are your interests? Where do you want to live after graduation? Do you want to do marketing? General business? What do you think it will take to get noticed in the business world?

    Do another round on this - and dig a little deeper.

    Thanks,
    Perri

    ReplyDelete