Total Pageviews

Friday, October 21, 2011

Branding Myself for the Future

My first attempt at a brand statement didn't go to well, so this is my second try at this.

My name is Kayla Kaplan. I am 24 years old, and finally a senior at Kean University. I am a Marketing major, with some experience in the marketing field. I do, however, have much experience as a hard worker, great customer service, punctual, give-it-my-all type of an employee.

Starting now by getting my name out there in the business world would benefit me in the long run. With that said social media will be a big help at this point and time.

My goals are simple, to achieve a job with in the respected field I have a college degree in. If I can't receive my ideal job, then perhaps a secondary go for myself can be, network myself to where I can be in the back of someone's mind for when that ideal job opens up.

I already interact on Facebook, but that is my personal social media site that I will not mix with my prospective career.

I will start expanding my name through LinkedIn first. This is a site that has coporate employees with in the same field you are in and have eachother network with one another. This can benefit me by perhaps meeting or interactive with someone who can assist in hiring me when I get out of school.

Another social media website that can help me greatly would be a website like CareerBuilder.com. Here you post your resume and have employers contact you, offering interviews and such.

I would like my target audience, who are corporate employers in Marketing, Public Relations, or Sales to notice me, my experiences and what I can bring to their office for the better.

I'm not a great big Twitter fan, perhaps because I have never tried it. But I feel using a social media website such as Twitter will quickly become something for my own personal use again, much like Facebook, and then it wouldn't benefit my career at all.

Even if i do receive that dream job, the first out of college, I will continue to use social media to grow with ever expanding corporate world. A new dream job can always open up.

I can't wait to begin the roller coaster of corporte employment, so let me begin now!

Kayla Kaplan

1 comment:

  1. Kayla,
    Thank you for revising this - you have done a nice job. I did not see your honed in value statement that was assigned last week. Also, did you LinkIn with me after incorporating your value statement into your LInkedIn profile?

    I will give you one week to finish the assignment - and to send me an email saying that you have completed it. I will offer an overall grade at that point.

    Thank you,
    Perri

    ReplyDelete