Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Defined By Luxury





My Life, My Brand
I am positive, energetic, free spirited &
open-minded; inspired by innovative ideas from the Arts to cross-cultural, intellectual people with industry knowledge.

Some of my finest qualities include: charisma, perceptiveness, creativity, innovative ideas, motivation, problem solving, assertiveness, the ability to communicate well with all types of people and working well under pressure through all kinds of circumstances.

Message to My Audience
I have a particular interest / taste for luxury brands.  Being a Marketing Major, I am on a
quest to better understand how to Market high-quality products and services, along with
understanding such consumers, as the target audience for the luxury industry.


With a natural sense of style along with “hands on” experience with high-end clothing
and accessories, as well as, working with quite a few established people, I developed a niche in selling high-quality products to people who define themselves by what they consume.


Luxury Industries I'm Particularly Into:
Fashion, lifestyle & hospitality (restaurant & club life; wines / champagne, cocktails & foods), cars, music (preferably house / trance & hip-hop), high end / exquisite jewelry & related events / fundraisers.

Some of the luxury brands I worked with in consultative sales includes:  Yves Saint Laurent, Christian Louboutin, Jimmy Choo, Herve Leger, Alexander McQueen, D.V.F, Cavalli, Alice & Olivia, Catherine Malandrino and much more...

I was also invloved for two years in Red Bank's "ferrari day & exotic car show."  This show was implemented to promote the town, as well as, sponcored by the high-end boutiques and restaurants in the premise of the event.

I found this event very inspiring from a public relation's point of veiw.  It was also a great oppportunity to meet more exclusive and well-rounded people; making me realize that this is the type of atmosphere I would love to establish myself in.



Specialties I’d Like to Develop:
Strategic Marketing, Branding (improving), Public Relations, Corporate Image, further
my career in Fashion and / or Lifestyle, Entrepreneurship, and International Business


Fine Appreciation for Arts:
Arts such as dance, all types of music & Dj’s, classical art pieces to abstract, graffiti
and collages, architecture and interior design, inspirational writing / blogs / magazines.


One of my greatest inspirations and attributes for my appreciation of high fashion design and high-quality products is Vogue, nothing less then impeccable Art.  Other inspirations are fashion shows like the Victoria Secrets annual grand show, models, and visual merchandising. 

As a business major, I try to be knowledgable in the Economy, Trends, Stock Market, Globalization, Politics, saving the Environment, as well as, Eco-friendly products.

Being that I am still studying and haven't come anywhere close to what I aspire to be one day, I find it encouraging to read about cross-industrial icons.  Especially, people that were once less fortunate, but rose above the circumstances, and shaped our world to be as it is today.

Personal icons I'm inspired by:  Madonna, Gwen Stefani, Anna Wintour, Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel, Diane Von Furstenberg & Steve Jobs

Lidia Yadlos

2 comments:

  1. Lydia,

    Great posting. Thank you. Here's what I'd like you do next:

    1. Come out with a concises paragraph that describes your brand position ... think about how this could look in your LinkedIn summary or in a description of you in a personal blog.

    2. Use a different and more professional photo.

    3. Go back through and edit for spacing, font size, etc.

    Thanks!
    Perri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lydia,
    Great revision. Thank you.
    Please complete the remainder of the assignment within one week and send me a note to say that this has been done:

    1. Hone in your brand into the value proposition format that I provided last class.

    2. Incorporate your personal brand / value proposition into your LInkedIn and make sure you LinkIn with me (I believe you have).

    3. Blog about how you are going to use another social media tool to further your personal brand. What tool, how are you going to use it - and start using it.

    I will offer you a grade in one week.

    Thank you,
    Perri

    ReplyDelete