Total Pageviews

Friday, October 14, 2011

Facebook, Twitter & Linkedin! Which is better?

I have been using Twitter for about 2 years now & in my opinion this is the BEST social media website on the internet. Since I singed up to Twitter I have managed 3 accounts.

I managed a online boutique account, my personal account and now I manage a non-profit performing arts twitter account. This social media tool has helped me gain local, international and celebrity awareness for brands that I am associated with.

I personally like twitter better than any other social media site because unlike Facebook celebrities are more likely to answer your 'tweets' quicker than they will respond to a Facebook message.

I have been able to speak to the Mayor of Newark, connect with famous alumni from my high school (Arts High School), bring brand awareness to companies that I am apart of & generate new clients for my event planning business all through Twitter.

I have seen people complain about a company on twitter & the company would tweet them back apologizing for the inconvenience and give them a solution to their problem. Twitter in my opinion is for random and promotional use only; either you are tweeting about random things or you are promoting a event, company, brand, music or television show. Twitter is extremely entertaining.

Facebook is a great 'catching up' tool. I use Facebook when I want to check up on people or see what they have been up too.

Facebook allows you to add photo albums, job history and relationship statues. Facebook is a great social media tool to reconnect with people that live in a different country or that you have lost contact with in the last couple of years.

Many people use Facebook to find their long lost friends and keeping in contact with people. One thing that I loved that Facebook did and kind of gave them an edge was to add a 'fan page' tool.

The fan page can be used to promote a company, a band, music group, brand or anything that you want to promote. People have actually used their fan pages in media kits and business plans to show how people on the internet are reacting to their product.

I used the Facebook fan page to promote a company that I am a PR Director for (www.facebook.com/livebreatheart) and it has helped us visually see who are demographics are and how we can appeal to them.

I am not an vivid user on LinkedIn but for the one day that I actually sat down and took time to browse the site and put my information on the site.

I think that this is a great business site for people to network and interact with some very influential people.

2 comments:

  1. Muyiwa,

    Thanks for your post. Please edit this using the style we discussed in class - unfortunately, this is unreadable!

    I'll review and comment then. Thanks -Perri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great revision, Muyiwa!

    ReplyDelete