Total Pageviews

Monday, October 24, 2011

Yelp! May Have Saved My Broken Heart


Yelp and Facebook have teamed up to create an easy user experience. Yelp, a social media tool that is now connected to Facebook, is a way for people to rate and review local businesses. Whether it is a restaurant or gas station, yelp has a review. People can also check in at certain places. When you check in somewhere, they sometimes have a coupon, deal, or promotion offer for that place.



I used Yelp for the first time this week. I was looking for an animal shelter for my two cats. I have recently moved in somewhere that doesn’t allow pets, and I really wanted to make sure my two loveable, social cats found a proper home.



Yelp provided me with reviews of a few nearby shelters. I feel this was especially helpful since I was heartbroken to have to send them away. Hearing that the animals were actually taken care of help put my heart at ease.



I chose yelp to look for reviews because it was simple and easy now that it is connected to Facebook. I found that when I updated my mobile app for Facebook, Yelp was already included and downloaded for me.



The transition was easy, and therefore they got my business (so to speak).



But, if anyone does actually know someone who would give my two cats a great home, please let me know.







1 comment:

  1. Rachael,
    How sad that you had to give up your cats.
    Please go back in and fix up the style, punctuation and grammar (e.g., photo should be top left, medium sized).

    This is a great entry and could be a great writing sample. Just clean it up!
    Thx.
    Perri

    ReplyDelete