Total Pageviews

Monday, October 17, 2011

Living Life Like it is Shark Week

College Loans are awful. I think every college student and alum can agree. As a struggling young adult you enter college thinking "O yeaa loans aren't going to be hard to pay back at all, let me get as many as I can." Well I was wrong. Heading into my senior year at Widener University I came to a crossroads in my life. Tuition grew 24% since my Freshman year and I have to pay for school myself. Even with good grades and playing a sport I was not able to obtain the money to continue my education even though I had 2 semesters to go.
I then made the decision to apply for an internship and work for a semester, get credit and have some money so I can pay for school. After 3 weeks I was offered a fulltime job in the marketing industry. I thought I would be there a short time, but 8 months later I am still there working full time and taking classes as night. Who would have thought coming into college this is what I was going to do just for that certificate. 
Who would have thought that even though I currently do not have my degree I have full time position at a great workplace. You get a degree to get a job. I feel like I am doing the opposite; I am going to work to get a degree. Don't live life by planning it. You are going to come to forks in the road and let your heart take you the way it feels not the way you want. Cheers.

Anthony Alvernes

No comments:

Post a Comment