Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 17, 2011

New to Blogging

Hey Guys! I have no clue how to do anything on here, but I'm trying.

It definitely makes sense for our class to have a blog because if we're going to be following them, why not have one? It's something we can all have in common and it will help us all become aware of the different types of social media out there.

I would like to get used to using as many different blogs I can. I don't follow many on a regular basis, but I've seen PostSecret before. I would also like to start following some news blogs because I don't have much time to watch the news anymore. If I can't see it on my phone, I don't see it at all.

I'm not good at this stuff, so bear with me. I definitely want to make the most out of this class!
Steph Cozad

1 comment:

  1. Steph,

    Thank you for your posting. Your writing is clear and concise - and you are following the rules from class. Do not be nervous ... you are on the right track.

    1. Remember that blogging is about facilitating a dialogue. Go back into your entry and ask your colleagues what news sites they recommend.

    2. I personally recommend setting up a Twitter account. Not for you to Tweet about what you ate for breakfast ... but because you can follow all of the key news sites (WSJ, NYT, CNN, FT, etc.) and read the headlines.

    USA Today used to be the "short hand" for news. Now, Twitter is the short hand for news.

    If you download "Tweet Deck," you can manage all of your followers in a single dashboard.

    3. I want to hear your voice come through more in your blogging. Why are you nervous about blogging? Ask for advice from more experienced bloggers.

    4. Your headline is better than "First Blog" but think about how to make it more active ... "Tentative First Time Blogger Posts to @Keanuniversity blog site."

    Thanks! Well done.
    Perri

    ReplyDelete