Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 25, 2011

6 steps to get myself known in the social media world

Being the fact I don't blog, and the only form of social media I use is Facebook, and that's only for my own personal use, I could use help to get myself out in the social media world for my future.

That's why these 6 steps outlined for an easier way to get your name out there are very helpful.

Step 1: Determine your objective
My objective at this point is to further my social media use for future job opportunities. With sites liked LinkedIn, future employees can look at my profile or what I have to say and see if I would be a good fit for their company.

Step 2: Determine your audience's aptitude
For when I am online the companies I would want to pursue would be on sites like LinkedIn or possibly Twitter. A lot of people are on Facebook which I am as well but that is for my personal use and wouldn't want that to portray me to a future employer

Step 3: Carefully select your platforms and tools
When I am blogging I would talk about not just my strengths, but some of my weaknesses as well. All employers know your human and have down flaws.

Step 4:  Avoid content overload—curate the most interesting pieces
This step is an important step because you don't want to over sell yourself. To much to read is never a good sign. People won't read it.

Step 5: Empower your employees to build their personal brand
Knowing how to use social media is a very good skill, which in return can be used in your future company. I can always use my skill and possibly use it at a new job.

Step 6: Measure the initiative’s success against your objectives
The more places you expose yourself to the more chances to get in contact with future employers. If you limit yourself to only a few areas you missing out!

I will defenitely take these steps and use them to my advantage when it comes the time to look for a job.
Thanks for reading!!
Kayla Kaplan


No comments:

Post a Comment