Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Blogger Newbie

As with my other classmates, this is my first attempt at posting.  I am excited to learn about all the different social medial avenues and how they can help in both my personal life and in my career.  I currently only have a Facebook account but because of this class I have just created my own blog, have joined LinkedIn, and will be creating a Twitter account in the coming days.

Having a class blog will be extremely helpful because it will allow the students to learn from each other, help us to make new friends and/or network, and gives us a place to share ideas.

In my leisure, I like to work out, keep up on the latest fashion trends, keep abreast of world news, and play games like scrabble or crossword puzzles.  So I will be following blogs such as Gawker.com, Scabbleboards.blogspot.com, and This Just In - CNN.com.

See you next Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly,

    Thank you for your entry. I like your writing style very much - just watch some of your language. Some of it does not sound like something you would talk out loud. Write like you would talk.

    How are you enjoying the blogging, Twitter, Facebook experiences? Go back into this entry and tell me more about how these tools are working.

    Think about your headline - I appreciate the fact that it does not say "Post 1" but make it more active - e.g., "Blogger Newbie Publishes First Post for Social Media Class @Kean"

    Active voice always makes things interesting.

    Well done.
    Perri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey yea I created a twitter account too, just because of this class. Still getting the hang of it. But I like it because it lets you know more about the actual celebrities on a personal level instead of someone writing about them.

    ReplyDelete