Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

New Pull for Kean University Social Media Class

A big thank you to those of you who posted to our class blog.

Please remember to go back to the blog and check for my comments – and other comments from your colleagues / classmates. I have provided comments to those who have posted.

Remember, there is no class next week – I have a business trip and will not be able to make it to class. Please do the assignments from unit #2, email or call me with questions … and blog away. I will be online and checking.

On Tuesday morning, I tweeted about our class and our blog (@keanuniversity). Since then, I have received inquiries from several professors and a volleyball coach from Kean. They are presenting our class with some opportunities

The Kean volleyball team has developed a Facebook page and wants advice on how to make it more meaningful.

I invited the coach to class in October to discuss his objectives. We will do a group exercise / presentation on what he can do to make it better. I know that he will look for volunteer/s to help him with the page … I will offer extra credit and it’s an opportunity to increase your experience.

A Communications professor has asked me to come and speak to his class about social media in business.

I suggested that we schedule some later in the semester and have some of you join me in making this presentation. Any volunteers? I will also offer extra credit and this is a good visibility opportunity for you.

The Kean Corporate Relations department (ala, the PR people for Kean) are interested in getting our class involved with a new news site called http://www.keanxchange.com/.

They want student contributors to the site … and they want to come to class and ask us to develop a plan for promoting this on campus.

We will have them to class when we discuss social media and PR in November. In the meantime, please let me know if you are interested in getting involved with Keanxchange … again, extra credit will be offered and another resume booster!

Perri

No comments:

Post a Comment