Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 25, 2011

6 Steps, 1 Brand!

Okay so I'm still new to this whole Social Media concept, but I am quickly beginning to understand why it is important, and the benefits that can come from it in my future, which is why these 6 steps, can help me in building my personal brand.

1. Determine your objective
By me knowing what I want to accomplish and how I'm willing to do it. What is the message that I want to give to my audience. I don't really tweet or blog, I use Facebook more often, but by having a facebook, twitter, and now a blog I am helping myself build a personal brand so it can help me in the future to network with companies and people.

2.Determine your audience's aptitude
Put myself in my audience's shoes and trying to figure out what they would enjoy to read. Figuring out what makes me different from everyone else can help me in building my personal brand.

3. Carefully select your platforms and tools
Me staying on top of my strategy and being consistent, so I wont lose my audience to others.

4. Avoid content overload-curate the most interesting pieces
Don't beat around the bush and get straight to the point. Too much information will bore my audience. Stick to the script and get my point out there, but also make it interesting to read that it leaves your audience wanting more.

5. Empower your employees to build their personal brand
Well I don't have any employees to empower to build their personal brand, but to friends and everyone else I would recommend putting themselves out there through social media, such as forums, blogs, facebook, twitter, etc.. Its a great way to network with people and businesses.

6. Measure the initiative's success against your objectives
Receive feedback from my audience to know what I can improve on and to know what is or isn't working. Giving good unique content that people haven't seen before will differentiate me from the rest of the crowd, helping me build my personal brand.

Jennifer Campos

camposj1@kean.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment