Total Pageviews

Friday, September 16, 2011

First Time Blogger. Right Here!

Hi everyone,

Took a while to make myself an author, but i got it done! Yes, this is my first time blogging, but I see I'm not alone.
I've been told that i have to try, to learn, so what better way to learn about social media than taking role in an actual blog? Blogging about our experiences and giving feedback as we go along the semester will help us become "experts" in blogging and know more about the social media market. I'm sure we will have a good idea of how NOT to bore the audience, what kind impact social media has on us and others, which social media method is the most effective, etc. Because its all about social media now, I hope to get the most out of this class. I don't want to be clueless about what it is and what to do, and end up not being as successful as I hope I could be someday.

I don't blog. But i did used to follow from time to time PostSecret. People send postcards, revealing secrets they have NEVER told, but it is anonymous. Its kind of cool to see people telling their secrets; everybody needs to let out their secrets to someone from time to time. You feel more relieved.
I did some surfing around and found The Big Picture, news stories but with photographs. Thought it was informational and eye-catching to see pictures maximized to emphasize things that we wouldn't pay attention to if they were posted in small pixels, with long boring paragraphs. I will be following the big picture, and go back to checking up on PostSecret, and hopefully ill be able to bring the latest news and untold secrets to you guys.

PS. Before i forget, i found a website where you can download Brian Carroll's "Writing for Digital Media" for free.

Thought I'd share it with you. Here's the link.
http://ebookee.org/Brian-Carroll-quot-Writing-for-Digital-Media-quot-_1330125.html

That is all for now.
Millie A.

1 comment:

  1. I've been on the Post Secret blog before, it's really amazing how people really do post their most private secrets anonymously just to get it off their chest. - Kayla Kaplan

    ReplyDelete