Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Family's View Of Personal Brand




I knew when I read our assignment that this was going to be an interesting, yet comical exercise. 

I read aloud my personal brand statement to the family right after the Thanksgiving Day dinner. 


Bellies were full from the turkey and while the tryptophan may relax and dull the senses, my family's witty sarcasm was sharp as ever.

My cousin said that it was a good thing that my cooking was way better than my brand statement.

My sister said that my 25 years of retail procurement experience was the reason I am so frugal.....she used the word "stingy" but tomayto/tomahto. 

My oldest son was too amused by the fact that I have a Twitter account now and my youngest son made a suggestion that i add in the fact that I make the best sweet potato pies.

After they all had their fun, they were impressed with my personal brand statement and my LinkedIn account page.  They didn't have any suggestions for me but did have questions about how they could go about creating a LinkedIn account. 

I spent the rest of the evening showing them the LinkedIn site and how to created their own personal blogs.  I didn't get much help that night but because of this class, I was able to help others become more interested and adept in the area of social media.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly,

    I laughed out loud at your post. This is a fantastic writing sample (you have one typo :).

    I would link to this post from your LinkedIn page as a show of your personality. I would love for all of your posts to show the voice that you have in this post.

    Would also recommend a different photo. Perhaps one of your family (if you were comfortable).

    Well done. -Perri

    ReplyDelete