Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Publicity

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some hire public relations officers."

If you were to ask me how I would publicize my own personal brand lets say 5 years ago. I would never say through social media. My most logical answer would be an expensive TV ad, or a newspaper. 

Well I am glad the no one did and that times have changed, thank God!

For my sake and for the sake of social media more and more users made it explode overnight into this very concentrated cyber market. A place where you can share, and opinionate what you think, and how you feel towards a certain product, service, or individual. 

Becoming involved, enhancing a reputation, and standing out defines what public relations is to me as a social media user. I use Facebook in order to maintain an image, and communicate that to world, my friends to be more specific.  

I would never post a picture, video, or post on my Facebook page that I know it would hurt me. The same way it can help stimulate my image, it can also hurt me.  

PR can help me defend my reputation, and personal brand. How? By giving my target audience and public a better understanding of whom I am through social media tools helping me reach my personal brand full potential. 

People often have the perception of public relations as a group of people who spin everything. The way I see it, is a turn around of a bad situation into an advantage. Sounds great when you expose a product, or service that you believe can help an individual to their full potential.

1 comment:

  1. Tais,
    Thank you for the post.
    You can anticipate my comments -- to broad, too general, I want to know specifically how you are going to publicize and use social media to build reputation for your brand.

    Perri

    ReplyDelete