Total Pageviews

Friday, October 21, 2011

Lets work to the Right- Not Left!

Trying to be successful in the business world is NOT an easy task, but so far i'm on the right path.

I have gone from waitress to barista to cashier to receptionist to assistant manager in almost four years.

Soon enough, I will be managing my own business, putting me a step closer to accomplishing my goal.

Involvement in the food/hospitality field has helped me notice what I want to do, where I want to stand, and how far I want to go.

I have learned to see how competitive the market is and how successful a business can be if the market is well-studied. Location is very important when it comes to these things.

Thanks to my commitment and respect towards my employers, I have had a variety of opportunities. It has come in handy because it has given me first look at what people consume whether its summer or fall or small little details that can come in between when opening up a business.

I set myself an important objective four years ago: to find my true calling. When I did, I set another one: to get as much experience as possible. Now that I have- I’m setting myself another one: to get myself known locally, slowing moving into the international market in a some future.

It is time to make my experience useful.

My own consumer's needs are important when working in the business field but seeing others' needs have definitively made me improve my customer service skills. Consumers are and will always be my main audience.

They will help me discover the endless pros and cons of having a local business and what to keep in mind if I want to go overseas. Most businesses advertise through the old-fashioned tactics. Most lack creativity- a skill that with confidence I can say I have.

Im not saying old-fashioned tactics don’t work, but everybody knows about social media networking- so why not take advantage of them? We’re in 2011-almost 2012. One must keep them in mind to attract teenage and adult generations because they are the tomorrow’s future, and today’s future.

I for an instance will be using Facebook, since I feel that Twitter is more of a site where people follow celebrities tweets. I will also be creating a LinkedIn account to make myself known by other employers who are involved in the same field.

Also having a page linked to my personal sites is one of my many strategies. This will get my close friends, family, co-workers, and others aware of my plans. It will be keeping my fans updated with latest details and get my business some advertising, without spending too much money.

Having a business of your own takes time. It doesn’t happen from a day to another. There is a complete list of expenses that one has to keep in mind.

Yet, I know that if my motivation has gotten me this far, it will not fail me in the future. Until the chance of having my own business comes up, I might have to settle to managing one for a year or two, but as long as im on the right path-not left, I KNOW i will be fine.


Millie A.

1 comment:

  1. Millie,
    This is a great piece. Watch your grammar - and the length of your paragraphs.

    Thank you,
    Perri

    ReplyDelete